Athens Airport....waiting, waiting, waiting......

We've arrived in Athens after a 9 hour stupendous flight. The plane was huge and we sat right in the front row of one section. So no seat was in front of us, we were able to stretch out! There was a baby with her mom and dad seated right next to us. She was so good on the long plane ride, she slept the whole time and then woke up and watched A Bug's Life on her TV! I wish I can say the same for the toddler sitting right behind us. He kept having night terrors and seemed to kick the back of our seats every time we fell asleep. I felt bad for him, but it didn't last too long. We were both able to get at least a couple of hours of sleep.

Now we are sitting in a cafe at the Athens Airport waiting for our second flight to Chania. It's a major plus that it is already after 8pm here (even though we missed an entire day due to travel and time change) because we can just go to sleep when we arrive at our hotel.

A huge shout out to Mrs. Sweeney for connecting with me via FaceTime to see some of my lovely students today, I miss them already! As mentioned in an early blog post, the end of this school year was even more bittersweet than usual. The excitement leading up to our learning experience in Greece combined with the sad fact that my 5th graders are going to middle school next year and I won't see them again had me filled with emotion!

I was able to grab a screen shot of a few when we just chatted...and then I showed them the plane outside with the Greece mountains in the background. They thought it was too cool!


We begin our Workshop tomorrow at 9am (that will be 2am CT time!) Here's to hoping that we get adjusted to Greece time quick!

Check back in soon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samaria Gorge

Gramvousa and Balos Lagoon

A Day In Athens...